In this course we explore the contributions, teaching methods & techniques developed by some of the world’s most famous teachers throughout time. This course delves through History and furnishes teachers with a list of famous educators, their lives, views, work and contributions to education.
From Plato, Aristotle, Confucius, Galileo, Lao Tzu, Kant, Florence Nightingale to Gandhi….to name a few!
- Gain an understanding of the Philosophy of Education and concept of Teaching
- Learn about the history of Teaching and its evolution
- Gain an understanding of principles of teaching
- Learn about the methodologies of teaching
- Learn the qualities and characteristics of a good teacher
- Learn a range of ideas, concepts and suggestions for practical use in the classroom.
Each module is accompanied by extensive notes to help the student grasp the importance of the methods described. All course themes were chosen to facilitate and promote the development of a set of
positive, empowering skills and techniques to enhance the participants’ classroom